Monday, April 13, 2009

Self-Absorption: I'm Totally Flattered Edition


Like pretty much the entire WoW blogosphere, I've been contacted by RC of Grinding to Valhalla to be profiled on his site, and, as the post title suggests, I'm blushing. GoV is a blog/project that collects responses from WoW bloggers to RC's questionairre, and compiles them for your enjoyment. I interpret it as an exploration of the pysche of a WoW blogger. Much like a scientific survey, he gathers and organizes data (which doubles as entertainment!), and we can look at this accumulation to learn more about our world than we could when we could only see our own small corner of it. There are some very interesting common threads among those who choose to respond (whoda thunk bloggers would tend to be aspiring writers!?!), and just surfing the site and looking for connections has been entertaining. And if nothing else, you're bound to stumble upon a fun WoW blog that you never saw before.

Most blogs, like mine, tend to labor in obscurity, and I'm surprised by the gems I missed for so long when I finally stumble upon them. There has got to be a better solution for connecting the WoW blog audience with the WoW blogs themselves. Maybe some kind of search engine? The blog Azeroth community (and others) take a stab at this problem, but they are dependent on a lot of people all remaining interested, and there is little/no mechanism for separating the wheat from the chaff. For instance, my recent excursions (and the wowinsider daily blog feature) have brought me to Skeleton Jack, Death Knight Spree, and I heart bubbles, all of which have taken their rightful place in my bookmark list/rss reader.

You can read my interview here. I'll keep you posted as my responses to parts 2 and 3 are posted.

No comments: