Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Laziness: Yes I'm Still Blogging About WoW Edition


WoW has slowed down a bit. This always happens in the summer. It's frustrating for me because I have my widdle heart set on a 310% speed proto drake, but it will be removed from the game in a few months. Gotta get the raid together for hard modes! But when you only have 11 raiders, 2 of them being busy with RL means you don't raid. And we never get our true A-team anymore. I really want to recruit so we can keep raiding, but a few people are very resistant to that idea because it means that they might have to occassionally sit a raid. I'd rather have more people than we need and have to sit people later on when things pick back up than have to cancel raids all week. Of course, being the raid leader I'm not really at risk to sit.

The other problem is with everyone playing less is it's tough to recruit. We aren't running pug Naxx 25s and meeting new people like we used to (that's where all of our post-forming recruits came from, actually). And our old friends list seems empty when no one is logging on. So I really don't know how to recruit. I don't want to do it cold. We are only looking to fill one spot, and are such a small group that the personality really has to fit perfectly, and the play has to be up to par, and those things are hard to judge if you haven't raided with someone a few times. And no one wants to go through a lengthly waiting and testing process (longer than for most hardcore 25 man guilds) just to join a 12-person guild, or worse, to be rejected from it. We're averse to using a forum post, and don't have a ton of spare time to pug around.

So I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Anyway, 10 raiders signed up for tonight. It's not the A-team (yeah, 11-person guild has an A-team, we have one person who isn't up to par but we keep around because they are a really good friend and aren't bad by any stretch of the imagination, just not extraordinary like my other raiders). And we actually do have a 12th guildie, he just took a long raiding hiatus and finally has some time to raid with us again this weekend. 2 of our raiders still appear to be gone, meaning that we don't raid unless we get lucky and this guy is free. The biggest danger of running a small guild (though I recall that my old 25-man raiding guild had some doldrums in TBC as well).

But hopefully we can clear out the watchers and Vezax tonight, and get enough together later in the week to kill Yogg (or maybe even try him tonight if another A-team member logs on!) Wish me luck. Have a great weekend!

In the meantime, please to enjoy this lolcat.


4 comments:

Blue said...

How is anyone supposed to become as great as you expect them to be questing alone?

Hatch said...

I hope I don't come off as that arrogant. :) Though I have been saying "I'm awesome" a lot more lately, but only because I idolize Barney Stinson so much. ("In place of a lameness gland, I was born with an EXTRA awesome gland")

And what do you mean about "expect them to be questing alone"?

Eaten by a Grue said...

Well, this is sort of akin to finding a new girlfriend. You don't want to waste a lot of time pugging around in bars. You do not want to post classifieds. You don't just want to hit on random girls and have a bunch of lame first dates.

So do what people do when trying to find a mate. Expand your social circle. Make more friends, who will in turn know more friends. Eventually, you will get a referral you like.

Eaten by a Grue said...

Oh, and do the equivalent of getting into shape.

Make your guild as attractive as possible for someone to want to join.